We are an environmentally conscious company and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that the management and delivery of our care and support services may have on the environment.
This policy has been endorsed by the Managing Director of the Company who gives their full support to its implementation. The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance as required by the Government Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) who require larger businesses to report our energy use. This is communicated throughout the Company and to our clients as appropriate.
As a Company, we are committed to ensuring that we:
- Comply with all environmental legislation, using codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies to assist where appropriate;
- Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy, appropriate with their role;
- Continually look to make best use of technology to minimise the use of paper and reduce waste;
- Work towards developing an informal environmental management system based on legal requirements and in accordance with other health and safety and quality procedures;
- Strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operations;
- Prevent pollution to the environment by ensuring that we appropriately co-ordinate business mileage so as to maximise fuel efficiency and prevent pollution;
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible;
- Ensure that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services;
- Give appropriate consideration for the environment in the services we provide to our service users and other customers.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and others working for or on behalf of the Company, where necessary.
Employees (and others) are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued.