What you can do to help prevent older people dying this winter...
- Over 200 older people die during the winter every year.
- Older people are more vulnerable to serious illness and death from getting cold, they may also feel burdened with financial worries of keeping their home warm.
Age UK, the charity formerly known as Age Concern, and Help the Aged have launched their third year of campaigning to help keep older people warm this winter to try and reduce preventable deaths.
How can I help?
- You can email your MP, asking for action to help prevent winter deaths.
- You can donate to Age UK via text, or online. Age UK use your donation to distribute clothes, heaters, electric blankets, information guides, and other services to ensure that older people are keeping themselves warm and safe during winter.
- Raise awareness – share on social networks like Twitter and Facebook to get your friends and family involved too.
At Carewatch, every winter we help the older people we support by providing advice about keeping warm, and ensuring that they are safe.
If you have an elderly relative, friend or neighbour who could do with some support over winter, please get in touch.