Longitude Prize 2014 is a challenge with a £10 million prize fund to help solve one of the greatest issues of our time
The focus is on 6 areas that, globally are a challenge:
- Water – How can we ensure everyone can have access to safe and clean water?
- Food – How can we ensure everyone has nutritious, sustainable food?
- Paralysis – How can we restore movement to those with paralysis?
- Flight – How can we fly without damaging the environment?
- Dementia – How can we help people with dementia live independently for longer?
- Antibiotics – How can we prevent the rise of resistance to antibiotics?
Vote for Dementia
With the estimation that 135 million people will have dementia by 2050, this is a growing global challenge. Carewatch is voting for #Dementia as we work daily with those who have the condition, and their families.
It’s important that we understand dementia more, and that we help to improve the lives of people who have it.
Enabling people with dementia to live as independently as possible, safely and with dignity is our aim.
Although the other global challenges are highly important ones, dementia is close to our hearts here at Carewatch.
Vote online or by text
You can make your vote by visiting the Horizon website. You’ll need to create a user account – you can vote up to three times on your user account. Please, make your vote for these important global issues.
You can also vote by text, the Horizon site explains how to do this.